Barchester Towers, Trollope's most popular novel, is the second of the six Chronicles of Barsetshire. The Chronicles follow the intrigues of ambition and love in the cathedral town of Barchester. In this novel Trollope continues the story, begun in The Warden, of Mr. Harding and his daughter Eleanor, introducing that oily symbol of progress Mr. Slope, the hen-pecked Dr. Proudie and the amiable Stanhope family. Fully illustrated, this new edition is edited by John Sutherland, a well-known authority on Trollope and Victorian fiction.
- Physical Description: 5.1"x7.7"x1.2"; 328 pages; 0.9 lb
- Edition Info: Paperback; 1998-05-01
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books