Mainly covers the period 1754-1917. Includes bibliographical references (p. 225-227) and index. Colonial America looks west (1754-1795) -- The United States extends its empire (1796-1811) -- Crisis on the frontier (1812-1820) -- An expanding nation (1821-1845) -- A transcontinental republic (1846-1853) -- Wealth of the west (1854-1860) -- Reshaping the west (1861-1867) -- Frontier's end (1868-1900) -- The real significance of the fronitier.
- LCC: G1201
- Dewey Decimal: 911/.73
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: 1 atlas (xv, 240 p.) : ill., maps (some col.) ; 28 cm.
- Edition Info: (pbk)
- United States -- Historical geography -- Maps
- United States -- Territorial expansion -- Maps
- United States -- Territorial expansion -- Chronology
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books