This volume of photographs and commentary brings together one of the most outstanding groups of treasures of Pre-Columbian art assembled by a private collector. With comments from notable specialists on these civilizations, it offers access to the material in collector Gérard Geiger's private collection, for the first time, to the public at large. Contributors include such distinguished specialists as Peter David Joralemon, Justin Kerr, Ted J. J. Leyenaar, Frances Pratt, Henri Stierlin, and Margaret Young-Sanchez. Highlights of the collection featured in the book include ceremonial tools of Totonac rituals and games; the enthralling Olmec, Teotihuacan, and Monte Alban terracotta and sculptures; high-quality sculpted Maya-jade and Costa Rican engravings; equatorial Valdivian masterpieces; and magnificent Peruvian relics.
- Physical Description: 9.8"x12.0"x1.1"; 224 pages; 4.5 lb
- Edition Info: Hardcover; 2003-10-01
- Amazon.com -- Arts & Photography -- Art -- Art History -- General
- Amazon.com -- Arts & Photography -- Art -- Museums & Collections -- Private
- Amazon.com -- Arts & Photography -- Art -- Art History -- Regional -- Caribbean & Latin American
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books