At the boundaries of law: feminism and legal theory
"Papers ... selected from a larger group presented over a four-year period [1985-1989] at sessions of the Feminism and Legal Theory Conference at the University of Wisconsin"--Introd. Includes bibliographical references (p.339-362). Reasonable women and the law / Kathleen A. Lahey -- On being the object of property / Patricia J. Williams -- Subordination, rhetorical survival skills, and Sunday shoes : notes on the hearing of Mrs. G / Lucie E. White -- The body in legal theory / Judith E. Grbich -- Intimacy and responsibility : what lesbians do / Claudia Card -- Fallen angels : the representation of violence against women in legal culture / Kristin Bumiller -- The difference in women's hedonic lives : a phenomenological critique of feminist legal theory / Robin L. West -- Feminism, sexuality and authenticity / Ruth Colker -- The problem of privatized injuries : feminist strategies for litigation / Adrian Howe. The unbroken circle : a historical study of Black single mothers and their families / Barbara Omolade -- Religion and rights consciousness in the Antebellum woman's rights movement / Elizabeth B. Clark -- Social feminism and legal discourse, 1908-1923 / Sybil Lipschultz -- Homework and women's rights : the case of the Vermont knitters, 1980-1985 / Eileen Boris -- Abandoned women / Mary Coombs -- Societal factors affecting the creation of legal rules for distribution of property at divorce / Martha Albertson Fineman -- Feminism and legal method : the difference it makes / Mary Jane Mossman -- The dialectics of rights and politics : perspectives from the women's movement / Elizabeth M. Schneider -- Strategizing in equality / Diana Majury.
- LCC: K644
- Dewey Decimal: 346.01/34
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xvi, 368 p. ; 24 cm.
- Edition Info: (pbk.)
- Women -- Legal status, laws, etc. -- Congresses
- Women -- Social conditions -- Congresses
- Feminism -- Congresses
- Women -- Rights -- Law
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books