At home in the universe: the search for laws of self-organization and complexity
Bibliography: p. -306. 1. At Home in the Universe -- 2. The Origins of Life -- 3. We the Expected -- 4. Order for Free -- 5. The Mystery of Ontogeny -- 6. Noah's Vessel -- 7. The Promised Land -- 8. High-Country Adventures -- 9. Organisms and Artifacts -- 10. An Hour upon the Stage -- 11. In Search of Excellence -- 12. An Emerging Global Civilization.
- Dewey Decimal: 577
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: viii, 321 p. : ill ; 25 cm.
- Edition Info: (acid-free paper)
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books