At home, at war: domesticity and World War I in American literature
Includes bibliographical references (p. 129-137) and index. The ideology of domesticity and war in World War I -- Parents and soldiers: incest and experience -- Domesticity at the front: gender, resistance, and self -- "Because women have babies": Hemingway's soldiers and their pregnant women -- The return of the dead to the American family.
- LCC: PS374
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xxviii, 147 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Edition Info: (pbk.)
- American fiction -- 20th century -- History and criticism
- World War, 1914-1918 -- United States -- Literature and the war
- Domestic fiction, American -- History and criticism
- War stories, American -- History and criticism
- Home in literature
- War in literature
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books