Ask Your Science Teacher: Answers to Everyday Questions: Things you always wanted to know about how the world works.
Curiosity stirs the soul of every human. Who has not wondered about how the human body works? Can a person drink too much water? How does gravity make things fall? Why do sunflowers always face the sun. What about a man flying with wings? How big would those wings have to be? How tall can a human grow? Why are tennis balls fuzzy? What happens to the white when snow melts? What does Einstein's famous equation really mean? Why can't we invent a time machine? Do aliens live among us? What is heavy water? Why is it quiet after a snowfall? Why do dogs drool? How risky is driving a car? Mysteries lurk in our house, our body, the outdoors, in the heavens, and the universe. Over 250 "I always wondered about that" questions and answers are in this book. Larry Scheckel has taught high school science for over 38 years and writes a weekly science column for the local newspaper. Known as Mr. Science, Larry Scheckel has given science presentations to thousands of children and adults across the United States. He has been a "full house" presenter at conventions and science seminars. Mr. Science has thrilled audiences for over 35 years with amazing science demonstrations to audiences from kindergarten to adults. Browse the contents of this book and enjoy an entertaining and thoughtful look at how our world works. Discover the secrets of life's most baffling mysteries.
- Dewey Decimal: 500
- Physical Description: 6.0"x9.0"x0.9"; 1.5 lb; 408 pages
- Edition Info: Paperback; 2011-08-12
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books