Includes bibliographical references (p. 173-179). Introduction / Diane Russell-Pineda -- My City -- Neruda in the Soul, Neruda in Isla Negra -- In the Fog I Remember -- Always From Somewhere Else: Reflections on Exile -- Anne Frank or the Landscape Unrooted -- A Dream of Shadows: Writing, Speaking, Becoming -- Poetry: An Act of Love -- How to Speak With the Dead? -- So We Will Not Forget: Literature and Human Rights in Latin America -- Vision and Transgression: Some Notes on the Writing of Julieta Kirkwood -- Inhabitants of Decayed Palaces: The Dictator in the Latin American Novel -- Passion and Memory: Women Writers in Latin America -- Talking About Culture: Chile and the United States -- The Disenchanted Generation -- Democracy for a Ghost Nation -- Cities of Life, Cities of Change -- Women, Politics, and Society in Chile -- The Dance of Life: Women and Human Rights in Chile -- Remnants -- Summer in the Southern Hemisphere -- Isla Negra -- Letter from Chile.
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: 182 p. : 23 cm.
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books