Applied Welfare Economics (International Library of Critical Writings in Economics)
`From the authors of the "bible" of applied welfare analysis we now have the definitive collection of the seminal papers in the field. This book is a highly valuable reference for economists and policy analysts with a serious interest in the theory and application of welfare analysis in all areas of economics and public policy.' - Catherine L. Kling, Iowa State University, US `In Applied Welfare Economics, the editors have done an outstanding job in putting together classical work that covers the gamut of welfare economics. The topics covered are extraordinarily comprehensive, ranging from theoretical inquiry to policy issues that are of substantial contemporary interest. This work can serve as a standard reference source for researchers, as well a primary or supplemental text for use in graduate courses that focus on issues related to welfare economics. I would highly recommend it for the reader concerned with theoretical and/or methodological issues in applied welfare economics.' - Ronald Cummings, Georgia State University, US The practical value of intuitive insights provided by innovative scholars in the past drives much of the current development in applied welfare economics. This single volume presents the key works that serve as a basis for applied welfare economic practices, the major papers that develop the methodology of applied economic welfare measurement and some of the most exemplary applications in the fields of welfare work. This indispensable book is designed to provide students and scholars with a convenient single source of the essential foundations in applied welfare economics.
- Dewey Decimal: 330.1556
- Physical Description: 7.0"x9.7"x2.5"; 3.3 lb; 767 pages
- Edition Info: Hardcover; 2008-05-30
- Business & Investing -- Economics
- Business & Investing -- Reference
- Business & Investing -- Popular Economics
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books