Appealing to the future: Michael Kirby and his legacy
A collection of essays penned by more than 40 eminent legal practitioners and academics, celebrating Michael Kirby's achievements and contributions to the Australian legal system.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 897-951) and index. 1 The "Inevitable Judge"? A Biographer's Note / A J Brown -- Administrative Law / Wendy Lacey -- 3 Citizenship Law / Kim Rubenstein and Niamh Lenagh-Maguire -- 4 Corporate Law / Vincent Jewell -- 5 Constitutional Law / Heather Roberts and John Williams -- 6 Constitutional Law: Dissents and Posterity / Gavan Griffith and Graeme Hill -- 7 Contract / John Gava -- 8 The Courts and Parliament / Steven Churches -- 9 Criminal Law / Bernadette McSherry -- 10 Damages / Harold Luntz -- 11 Discrimination / Chris Ronalds -- 12 Employment and Industrial Law / Breen Creighton -- 13 Equity / James Edelman -- 14 Evidence / Jeremy Gans and Andrew Palmer -- 15 Family Law / Richard Chisholm -- 16 Health Law and Bioethics / Ian Freckelton -- 17 The Human Genome / Mark Henaghan -- 18 In Harmony with Human Rights / Roderic Pitty -- 19 Intermediate Appellate Judges / David Ipp -- 20 International Human Rights: The Fraternalist / Louise Arbour and James Heenan -- 21 The Internationalist / C G Weeramantry -- 22 Judicial Practice / Ian Barker -- 23 Judicial Values / Justin Malbon -- 24 Law Reform, Australian-style / David Weisbrot -- 25 The Law Reformer / Murray Wilcox -- 26 Native Title / Melissa Perry -- 27 The Political System / Graeme Orr and Gregory Dale --- 28 Refugee Law / Michelle Foster -- 29 Statutory Interpretation / Jeffrey Barnes -- 30 Sentencing / George Zdenkowski -- 31 Tax / Miranda Stewart -- Torts / Danuta Mendelson -- 33 Trade Practices Law / Warren Pengilley -- 34 Women / Patricia Easteal -- 35 Final Thoughts / Julian Burnside.
- Dewey Decimal: 340.092
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xcv, 996 p.,  p. of plates : ill., ports. ; 25 cm.
- Edition Info: (pbk.)
- Kirby, M. D. -- (Michael Donald),1939-Influence
- Judges -- Australia -- Attitudes
- Judicial opinions -- Australia -- History
- Law reform -- Australia -- History
- Law -- Australia -- History
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books