Anglo-Saxon/Irish Relations before the Vikings (Proceedings of the British Academy)
Although there has been much recent interest in the interaction of England and Ireland in the Viking Age, the links between the Anglo-Saxons and the Irish in the period before 800 have been much less studied. This collection of essays provides the first interdisciplinary assessment of these connections. The essays range widely in their scope. Seven papers look at issues of language and literature, legal traditions, and ecclesiastical history. A further ten papers consider the evidence of material culture, through art history and archaeology. This overview of recent advances in the field of Anglo-Saxon/Irish relations will be essential reading for all those interested in early medieval studies.
- Dewey Decimal: 941
- Physical Description: 6.4"x9.4"x1.6"; 2.5 lb; 400 pages
- Edition Info: Hardcover; 2010-03-12
- History -- Europe -- England -- General
- History -- Europe -- Ireland -- General
- History -- World -- Medieval
- History -- World -- General
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books