Relates the experiences of a German prince, his servant, and a young Swiss artist as they traveled through the Missouri River Valley in 1833 learning about the territory and its inhabitants and recording their impressions in words and pictures.
Reprint: Originally published: New York : Holiday House, c1992. "First Scholastic printing, January 1994"--Verso t.p. Includes bibliographical references (p. 85-86) and index.
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: 88 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 23 x 26 cm.
- Edition Info: (pbk.)
- Bodmer, Karl,1809-1893 -- Travel -- Missouri River Valley -- Juvenile literature
- Wied, Maximilian,Prinz von,1782-1867 -- Travel -- Missouri River Valley -- Juvenile literature
- Indians of North America -- Missouri River Valley -- Social life and customs -- Juvenile literature
- Missouri River Valley -- Description and travel -- Juvenile literature
- Travelers -- Missouri River Valley -- Biography -- Juvenile literature
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books