America's sketchbook: the cultural life of a nineteenth-century literary genre
Includes bibliographical references (p. 171-180) and index.
- LCC: PS36
- Dewey Decimal: 818/.30809
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xiii, 190 p. ; 24 cm.
- Edition Info: (cloth : alk. paper)
- American prose literature -- 19th century -- History and criticism
- Literature and society -- United States -- History -- 19th century
- Popular literature -- United States -- History and criticism
- Books and reading -- United States -- History -- 19th century
- American essays -- 19th century -- History and criticism
- Short stories, American -- History and criticism
- United States -- Civilization -- 19th century
- Description (Rhetoric)
- Realism in literature
- Aesthetics, American
- Literary form
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books