Allies and adversaries the Joint Chiefs of Staff, the Grand Alliance, and U. S. strategy in World War II
Includes bibliographical references (p. [335-355) and index. The armed forces and national policy before World War II -- New strategies and policies for a coalition war, 1939-1941 -- Civil-military and coalition conflicts, February-December 1941 -- Global strategy reconsidered, December 1941-July 1942 -- The great strategic debate, July 1942-January 1943 -- Britain as adversary, January-October 1943 -- Russia as ally and enigma, December 1942-October 1943 -- Civil-military coordination and conflict, February 1942-November 1943 -- The big two, October 1943-September 1944 -- National versus international postwar security and civil-military relations, January 1944-January 1945 -- Second thoughts on the allies, September 1944-April 1945 -- Victory and reassessment, April-August 1945. Electronic reproduction.Boulder, Colo. :NetLibrary,2004.Available via World Wide Web.Access may be limited to NetLibrary affiliated libraries.
- LCC: D769.1
- Dewey Decimal: 940.54/012
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xxii, 380 p. 25 cm.
- Edition Info: (electronic bk.)
- United States -- Joint Chiefs of Staff -- History -- 20th century
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States
- Strategy -- History -- 20th century
- Civil-military relations -- United States
- United States -- Military relations -- Foreign countries
- United States -- Foreign relations -- 1933-1945
- Electronic books
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books