Includes bibliographical references (p. 289-321) and index. "And night returning brings me no relief": Hamilton and the founding generation -- Hamilton and the Jacksonian era: the monster bank and the coming of war -- Hamilton rises again: Civil War and his vindication -- Hamilton's Gilded Age: his renaissance -- The twilight of Hamiltonianism: 1901-1928 -- Slouching toward oblivion: Hamilton as the New Deal's great beast -- Hail Columbia! Hamilton and cold war America -- At century's end: a Hamilton restoration on the horizon? -- Getting right with Hamilton: "the public good must be paramount".
- LCC: E302.6
- Dewey Decimal: 973.4/092
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: x, 336 p. ; 24 cm.
- Edition Info: (alk. paper)
- Hamilton, Alexander,1757-1804 -- Influence
- Hamilton, Alexander,1757-1804 -- Public opinion
- Public opinion -- United States
- United States -- Politics and government -- Philosophy
- National characteristics, American
- Statesmen -- United States -- Biography
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books