Includes bibliographical references and index. To your health : wine as food and medicine in mid-sixteenth-century Italy / Ken Albala -- Europe divided : wine, beer, and the Reformation in sixteenth-century Europe / Mack P. Holt -- In the public sphere : efforts to curb the consumption of rum in Connecticut, 1760-1820 / David W. Conroy -- In vino veritas : the construction of alcoholic disease in liberal Italy, 1880-1914 / Paul A. Garfinkel -- Mon docteur le vin : wine and health in France, 1900-1950 / Kim Munholland -- Drinking and alehouses in the diary of an English mercer's apprentice, 1663-1674 / A. Lynn Martin -- Taverns and the public sphere in the French Revolution / Thomas Brennan -- Drink, sociability, and social class in France, 1789-1945 : the emergence of a proletarian public sphere / W. Scott Haine -- The lore of the brotherhood : continuity and change in urban American saloon culture, 1870-1920 / Madelon M. Powers -- "To the king o'er the water" : Scotland and claret, c. 1660-1763" / Charles Cameron Ludington -- Revenue and revelry on tap : the Russian tavern / Patricia Herlihy -- Drinking the good life : Australia c. 1880-1980 / Diane Kirkby -- Kaleidoscope in motion : drinking in the United States, 1400-2000 / Jack S. Blocker, Jr.
- LCC: HV5023
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: ix, 246 p. ; 24 cm.
- Edition Info: (pbk.)
- Drinking of alcoholic beverages -- History
- Alcoholism -- History
- Bars (Drinking establishments) -- History
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books