"The first volume in a definitive series of textbooks dedicated to aircraft engineering maintenance, this book provides a crucial outline of aircraft engineering principles. It is valuable for anyone pursuing a career in aircraft maintenance engineering or a related aerospace engineering discipline, and in particular will be suitable for those studying for licensed aircraft maintenance engineer status. The book systematically outlines modules 1, 2, 3, 4 and 8 of JAR-66/Part-66, the Joint Aviation Requirement for aircraft engineers within Europe that are also being continuously harmonized with Federal Aviation Administration requirements in the USA."--BOOK JACKET.
Includes index. Ch. 1.Introduction -- Ch. 2.Mathematics -- Ch. 3.Further mathematics -- Ch. 4.Physics -- Ch. 5.Electrical fundamentals -- Ch. 6.Electronic fundamentals -- Ch. 7.Basic aerodynamics -- App. A.Engineering licensing examinations -- App. B.Organizations offering aircraft maintenance engineering training and education -- App. C.The role of the European Aviation Safety Agency -- App. D.Mathematical tables -- App. E.System international and imperial units -- App. F.Answers to "test your understanding"
- Dewey Decimal: 629.1
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: ix, 646 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Edition Info: (pbk.)
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books