Aesthetics of alienation: reassessment of early Soviet cultural theories
Includes bibliographical references (p. 141-148) and index. The academy of poetry and Russian society -- Proletkult : "the music of revolution" or creation without creators -- Rapp : the aesthetics of restraint or worldview as creation -- Lef : the third factory as "new aesthetic enterprise" -- Pereval : "organic creativity" or hands for the hourglass -- The "social mandate" or flexion in an inflexible time -- Socialist realism : the petrified utopia.
- LCC: PG3026
- Dewey Decimal: 891.709/358/0904
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xvii, 152 p. ; 25 cm.
- Edition Info: (cloth : alk. paper)
- Russian literature -- 20th century -- History and criticism
- Socialist realism in literature
- Socialist realism
- Aesthetics, Russian -- 20th century
- Communism and culture -- Soviet Union
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books