Adventures in the Ancient World: 2-Morning Star & Cleopatra
The second volume in this stunning series of adventures in the distant pastRider Haggard is one of the most famous authors of adventure fiction in the English language. Almost everyone has heard of Allan Quatermain-the hero of King Solomon's Mines-and the beautiful, ruthless, magically immortal Ayesha-She 'who must be obeyed.' All of Haggard's novels and stories featuring both characters are available in handsome Leonaur editions. Haggard was a prolific writer so it is not surprising that only a few of his titles are widely known-and read-by an audience which would enjoy them all. The essential elements of his most famous creations-the great African continent and ancient civilisations, mysterious and exotic, mythical, imagined or real, are combined in a number of his novels and stories and these too have now been collected by Leonaur into a special four volume set-African Adventures. Readers will therefore be unsurprised to learn that Haggard could not resist writing a number of tales about ancient civilisations, or that in these he naturally gravitated towards the most evocative of them all-the world of the Ancient Egyptians and the other peoples of the Mediterranean and the Middle East. This is a stunning body of fiction which Leonaur has gathered together into a four volume set-each successive volume following a chronological time-line along the sweeping march of history.In volume two of this special collection of Rider Haggard's foray into the fictional ancient world, the first novel and third in the series is Morning Star which takes place in Ancient Egypt around 332 BC. The title of the second novel in this collection-the fourth in the series-leaves no doubt as to its subject: Cleopatra is Queen of the Nile in first century BC Egypt. Available in softcover and hardcover with dustjacket. Leonaur collectors hard covers are cloth bound, have head and tail bands and feature gold foil lettering on their spines.
- Physical Description: 5.8"x9.0"x1.4"; 1.4 lb; 448 pages
- Edition Info: Hardcover; 2009-11-30
- Literature & Fiction -- Genre Fiction -- Action & Adventure
- Literature & Fiction -- Genre Fiction -- Historical
- Literature & Fiction -- Genre Fiction -- Men's Adventure
- Literature & Fiction -- General -- General
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books