Front Cover; Advances in the Study of Behavior, Volume 19; Copyright Page; Contents; Contributors; Preface; Chapter 1. Polyterritorial Polygyny in the Pied Flycatcher; Chapter 2. Kin Recognition: Problems. Prospects, and the Evolution of Discrimination Systems; Chapter 3. Maternal Responsiveness in Humans: Emotional, Cognitive, and Biological Factors; Chapter 4. The Evolution of Courtship Behavior in Newts and Salamanders; Chapter 5. Ethopharmacology: A Biological Approach to the Study of Drug-Induced Changes in Behavior. Chapter 6. Additive and Interactive Effects of Genotype and Maternal EnvironmentChapter 7. Mode Selection and Mode Switching in Foraging Animals; Chapter 8. Cricket Neuroethology: Neuronal Basis of Intraspecific Acoustic Communication; Chapter 9. Some Cognitive Capacities of an African Grey Parrot (Psittaucus erithacus); Index; Contents of Previous Volumes. Electronic reproduction.Available via World Wide Web.
- Physical Description: 445 p.
- Health, Mind & Body -- Psychology & Counseling -- General
- Health, Mind & Body -- Psychology & Counseling -- General AAS
- Professional & Technical -- Professional Science -- Biological Sciences -- Zoology -- General
- Science -- Behavioral Sciences -- Behavioral Psychology
- Science -- Biological Sciences -- Zoology -- Animal Behavior & Communication
- Science -- Biological Sciences -- Zoology -- General
- Science -- Evolution -- General
- Electronic books
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books