Advances in Pharmacology, 27: Conjugation-dependent Carcinogenicity and Toxicity of Foreign Compounds
Each volume of Advances in Pharmacology provides a rich collection of reviews on timely topics. Emphasis is placed on the molecular basis of drug action, both applied and experimental. Conjugation reactions have long been associated with the detoxification of xenobiotics. Recent studies suggest that Phase II reactions are an important mechanism for the bioactivation of xenobiotics. This special volume of Advances in Pharmacology features a two-color dust jacket.
Front Cover; Conjugation-Dependent Carcinogenicity and Toxicity of Foreign Compounds; Copyright Page; Contents; Contributors; Chapter 1. Historical Perspectives on Conjugation-Dependent Bioactivation of Foreign Compounds; Part I: Glutathione-Dependent Toxicity; Chapter 3. Enzymology of Cysteine S-Conjugate ?-Lyases; Chapter 4. Formation and Fate of Nephrotoxic and Cytotoxic Glutathione S-Conjugates: Cysteine Conjugate ?-Lyase Pathway; Chapter 5. Reversibility in Glutathione-Conjugate Formation; Chapter 6. Glutathione Conjugation as a Mechanism for the Transport of Reactive Metabolites. Chapter 7. Metabolism and Genotoxicity of DihaloalkanesChapter 8. Bioactivation of Thiols by One-Electron Oxidation; Chapter 9. Glutathione Mercaptides as Transport Forms of Metals; Part II: Sulfate Conjugate-Dependent Toxicity; Chapter 2. Carcinogen Activation by Sulfate Conjugate Formation; Part III: Glucuronide Conjugate-Dependent Toxicity; Part IV: Bioactivation and Bioconversion. Electronic reproduction.Available via World Wide Web.
- Dewey Decimal: 615.1
- Physical Description: 537 p.
- Edition Info: (electronic bk.)337.5 (UA)
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books