Admission Matters: What Students and Parents Need to Know About Getting into College
The updated edition of the must-have resource for any student applying to college. This thoroughly revised and updated edition of the bestselling book Admission Matters demystifies the college application process and offers practical advice for choosing the right school, writing an effective essay, navigating financial aid, and more. This handy resource will help any college-bound student whether they attend well-funded private schools or cash-strapped public schools. Filled with helpful suggestions, ideas, and advice, the new edition also includes tips for home-schooled students who are prepa.
Admission Matters: What Students and Parents Need to Know About Getting into College, 2nd Edition; Contents; Acknowledgments; Introduction; Chapter 1: Why Has College Admissions Become So Competitive?; Chapter 2: What Do Selective Colleges Look for in an Applicant?; Chapter 3: How Do Colleges Make Their Decisions?; Chapter 4: How Colleges (and Students) Differ: Finding What Fits; Chapter 5: Where Should You Apply?; Chapter 6: The Big Tests; Chapter 7: Deciding About Early Decision and Other Early Options; Chapter 8: Applying Well: Part I; Chapter 9: Applying Well: Part II. Chapter 10: Paying the BillChapter 11: Making Your Decision After the Colleges Make Theirs; Chapter 12: What Matters Most: Advice to Parents and Students; Epilogue; Appendixes; College Preparation Time Line; Glossary; Resources; Notes; About the Authors; Index; Electronic reproduction.Available via World Wide Web.Access restricted to subscribing institutions.Individual titles purchased upon selection by an affiliated user.
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: 339 p.
- Edition Info: (electronic bk.)
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books