"Accounting Ethics uses real-life examples, including the Enron/Arthur Andersen Debacle, the examine the ethical responsibilities of individual accountants as well as accounting firms." "The book begins by investigating the nature and purpose of accounting and follows with a brief study of the nature and use of ethical principles in determining accountants' responsibilities. Because accounting is governed by a code of ethics, it examines the ethical imperatives that bind professionals and the specific principles and rules that various accounting codes dictate. Next, the book explores the major types of practices in which accountants engage - auditing, managerial accounting, and tax accounting - and the responsibilities associated with those practices."
Includes bibliographical references and index. The nature of accounting -- Ethical behavior in accounting : what is ethics -- Ethical behavior in accounting : ethical theory -- Accounting as a profession -- Accounting codes of ethics : the principles of the AICPA code -- Accounting codes of ethics : the rules of the AICPA code -- Ethics in auditing. -- The ethics of managerial and financial accounting. -- The ethics of tax accounting. -- The ethics of the accounting firm ; the accounting profession in crisis. App. V. Statements on Standards for Tax Services Nos. 1-8.
- LCC: HF5625.15
- Dewey Decimal: 174/.9657
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: li, 277 p. ; 23 cm.
- Edition Info: (pbk. : alk. paper)
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books