Exploring a variety of topicsþincluding health, politics, education, art, literature, media, and filmþAboriginal Canada Revisited draws a portrait of the current political and cultural position of Canada's Aboriginal peoples. While lauding improvements made in the past decades, the contributors draw attention to the systemic problems that continue to marginalize Aboriginal people within Canadian society. From the Introduction: "[This collection helps] to highlight areas where the colonial legacy still takes its toll, to acknowledge the manifold ways of Aboriginal cultural expression, and to de.
Description based upon print version of record. CONTENTS; PREFACE AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS; INTRODUCTION: ABORIGINAL CANADA REVISITED; HEALTH, SOCIAL ISSUES, POLITICS; EDUCATION; IMAGINING AND IMAGING THE "INDIAN"; LITERATURE; PRINT MEDIA AND FILM; LIST OF CONTRIBUTORS; INDEX;
- Dewey Decimal: 971.00497
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: 1 online resource (437 p.)
- Edition Info: 45 (NL)
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books