A Reinhart, J Kosuth, F Gonzalez-Torres: Symptoms of Interference, Conditions of Possibility (Art and Design Profiles)
This issue of Art & Design takes its theme from an important exhibition, proposed by the American conceptual artist Joseph Kosuth for the Camden Arts Centre in London. It brings together for the first time the work of three artists from three generations, Ad Reinhardt, Joseph Kosuth and Felix Gonzalez-Torres, demonstrating how each artist has adopted a critical stance and sought to re-define artistic traditions. Kosuth sees his work in terms of a bridge between that of Reinhardt and Gonzalez-Torres, and this publication illustrates and reflects on the notion of passage from one generation to another. This profile takes the exciting opportunity to publish many of the writings of Reinhardt and Kosuth, both artists to whom art criticism is 'an internal affair'. There are also new writings by Kosuth in response to Reinhardt; a conversation between Kosuth and Gonzalez-Torres, whose conceptual work addresses social and political issues; and an important new text by Terry Atkinson who considers the work of all three.
- Dewey Decimal: 720
- Physical Description: 10.0"x12.0"x0.5"; 1.5 lb; 120 pages
- Edition Info: Paperback; 1994-04
- Arts & Photography -- Artists, A-Z -- General
- Arts & Photography -- Schools, Periods & Styles -- General
- Professional & Technical -- Architecture -- General
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books