A Is for Armageddon: An Illustrated Catalogue of Disasters
An extraordinary illustrated guide to the apocalypse, or, the end of the world as we know it.Doomsday. Judgment Day. Day of Reckoning. As the man with the sandwich board says, The end of the world is nigh!For as long as mankind has walked this earth, we have lived under the shadow of extinction. Whether it be from an Act of God, a natural disaster, or as the result of a man-made disaster, never before has the threat of annihilation been more pressing than right now, at the beginning of the 21st century.A is for Armageddon is a brilliantly funny, thoroughly factual and stunningly illustrated guide to every feasible disaster scenario from plague, drought and famine, to animal flatulence, obesity and World War III, from economic collapse and terrorism to ozone depletion and chemical sink accompanied by a critical timeline for when we might expect to die now, soon, later, or too late. . . its already started.From the author of the bestselling 101 Things to Do Before You Die series, this veritable panoply of impending doom, is a catalogue of disasters that will inform and delight in equal measure. Just dont read it too close to bedtime!
- Physical Description: 7.6"x9.1"x1.0"; 2.3 lb; 272 pages
- Edition Info: Hardcover; 2009-10-04
- Entertainment -- Humor -- General
- Nonfiction -- Current Events -- Disaster Relief
- Reference -- Catalogs & Directories -- Catalogs
- Reference -- General
- Reference -- General AAS
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books