Deep in the middle of Africa, at the rivers edge where the hippos live, life is pleasant. The big hippos like to relax at the beach, while the little hippos love diving. Mrs. Hippopotamus enjoys having quiet time all to herself, especially when bathing. She even has her beach, where she takes a bath in peace. But then a monkey shows up and disturbs her solitude. What is Mrs. Hippopotamus to do? She comes up with a fantastic solution, one, as it turns out, that all the hippos like. With her warm, winsome ink-and-watercolor pictures and simple text, Lena Landström has once again created a charming tale about the pleasure of finding time alone.
- Physical Description: 8.0"x10.0"x0.3"; 0.7 lb; 32 pages
- Edition Info: Hardcover; 2007-03-20
- Children's Books -- Ages 4-8 -- Picture Books
- Children's Books -- Ages 4-8 -- General
- Children's Books -- Animals -- Mammals -- Fiction
- Children's Books -- Literature -- Humorous
- Children's Books -- Literature -- General
- Children's Books -- People & Places -- Social Situations -- Emotions & Feelings -- Fiction
- Children's Books -- General
- Teens -- Social Issues -- General
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books