A flying life: John Duigan and the first Australian aeroplane
The flying career of John Robertson Duigan spanned just a decade from 1908 to 1918. One hundred years ago he built and successfully flew the first aeroplane made in Australia using only photographs, journal articles and an unreliable textbook as his guides. He was the first Australian to fly a powered Australian-made aeroplane in Australia.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 159-160) and index.
- LCC: TL540
- Dewey Decimal: 629.13092
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xi, 170 p. : ill. (some col.), maps, facsims. ; 24 cm.
- Edition Info: (pbk.)
- Duigan, John Robertson,1882-1951
- Aeronautics -- Australia -- Biography
- Airplanes -- Australia -- Biography
- Aeronautics -- Australia -- History
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books