This very practical resource offers a well-informed guide to an aspect of ministry that every single priest or minister will encounter. It is one of the most difficult tasks, yet many embark on it with very little theological or practical training. They will encountera wide range of beliefs about death and the afterlife in today's secular society, such as can be seen in the death notices of local newpapers-grandma goes to sleep, is reunited with granpa, becomes an angel or a star in heaven. They need a resource that equips them to deal sensitively and wisely with the variety of demands that will be made of them in the planning and conduct of funerals and in helping the bereaved to understand that resurrection is God's response to death's terrible finality.
- Physical Description: 5.3"x8.3"x0.6"; 0.4 lb; 192 pages
- Edition Info: Paperback; 2004-12-30
- Religion & Spirituality -- Christianity -- Worship & Devotion -- Hymnals
- Religion & Spirituality -- Christianity -- Worship & Devotion -- Prayerbooks
- Religion & Spirituality -- General
- Religion & Spirituality -- General AAS
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books