This is the fifth edition of Lang's caclulus book. It covers all of the topics traditionally taught in the first-year calculus sequence. The book consists of five parts: Review of Basic Material, Differention and Elementary Functions, Integration, Taylor's Formula and Series and Functions of Several Variables. Each section of A FIRST COURSE IN CALCULUS contains examples and applications of the topic covered. In addition, the back of the book contains detailed solutions to a large number of the exercises. These can be used as worked-out examples, and constitute one of the main changes from previous editions.
- Edition Info: Hardcover; 1978-01
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books