A Dictionary of English Manuscript Terminology: 1450 to 2000
In the first dictionary of its kind a leading expert on English manuscripts defines some 1,500 terms, including types of manuscript, their physical features, writing implements, writing surfaces, scribes, scripts, postal markings, and seals, as well as those relating to literature, bibliography, editing, dating, conservation, cartography, commerce, heraldry, law, and military and naval matters. - ;This is the first Dictionary of English Manuscript Terminology ever to be published. Dealing with the subject of documentation - which affects everyone's lives (from every-day letters, notes, and sho.
Contents; Preface; Illustrations; A Dictionary of English Manuscript Terminology 1450 2000; A; B; C; D; E; F; G; H; I; J; K; L; M; N; O; P; Q; R; S; T; U; V; W; Y; Select Bibliography; Electronic reproduction.Available via World Wide Web.
- Dewey Decimal: 091.094203
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: 478 p.
- Edition Info: (electronic bk.)
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books