"The English soon realized that if you held Barbados you strategically held the key to the rest of the Caribbean."For an island its size, Barbados truly has an unparalleled military history. In this superbly detailed and accurate account of the history of the military in Barbados, author Major Michael Hartland takes us through time from the arrival of the first settlers in 1627 to the present day.The wonderful prints, photographs and maps within make this already excellent book a history lover's dream!
- Physical Description: 8.4"x10.9"x0.6"; 1.4 lb; 148 pages
- Edition Info: Hardcover; 2007-01
- History -- Americas -- Caribbean & West Indies -- Barbados
- History -- Military -- General
- History -- General
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books