A Competitive Anxiety Review: Recent Directions in Sport Psychology Research
This book provides a review and discussion of the recent move towards the positive aspects and consequences of competitive anxiety. Following a description of competitive stress-related terminologies, conceptual and psychometric developments are considered including the notion of directional anxiety interpretations. The commentary then focuses on the theories and models that outline the potential positive aspects of anxiety in relation to athletic performance. Applied implications and future research directions are also discussed together with a number of explicatory statements regarding the nature of the precompetitive stress experience in sport.
- Dewey Decimal: 158
- Physical Description: 5.9"x8.6"x0.3"; 0.4 lb; 77 pages
- Edition Info: Paperback; 2008-10
- Health, Mind & Body -- Psychology & Counseling -- General
- Health, Mind & Body -- Psychology & Counseling -- General AAS
- Health, Mind & Body -- Relationships -- Interpersonal Relations
- Sports -- Miscellaneous -- Sports Psychology
- Sports -- General
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books