India, 1920: exotic, glamorous and wrenching away from Britain's colonial grip, only to be thrown into religious violence and terrorism. Isabel, a young woman in search of herself and in flight from the ravages of the Great War, has married a career soldier whose brutality and cruelty sicken her. Upon arrival in India she is thrust headlong into a passionate and dangerous liaison with Sam, an Indian doctor who insists, against all the odds, on the right to be both black and British.
- LCC: PR6069
- Dewey Decimal: 823.914
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: 335 p. ; 20 cm.
- Edition Info: (pbk.)
- University of Oxford -- Alumni and alumnae -- Fiction
- British -- India -- Fiction
- Race relations -- Fiction
- Young women -- Fiction
- Physicians -- Fiction
- Ethnicity -- Fiction
- India -- History -- British occupation, 1765-1947 -- Fiction
- Historical fiction
- Love stories
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books