"Lucy makes my toes itch! I can't wait to get out and explore all the destinations she describes."--Sandy Huff, author of Paddler's Guide to the Sunshine State "By using modern technologies like GPS coordinates and internet resources, 50 Great Walks in Florida brings the genre of tour guides clicking and screening into the twenty-first century."--Lars Andersen, author of Payne's Prairie: A History and Guide From the deepest swamps to the most civilized sidewalks, 50 Great Walks in Florida features the best short, but significant, outdoor jaunts in the Sunshine State. Experienced tour guide Lucy Tobias fills each page with fascinating local history and vivid descriptions of the sights and sites encountered along the way. 50 Great Walks in Florida is divided by geographic regions and each section includes at least one beach or wetlands walk, a historic walk, a garden walk, a place to see wildlife, and one locale with an unusual natural feature. Included are the Vietnam Memorial, Gulf Islands National Seashore, Coca-Cola Town, Ybor City Fresh Market, John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park, and even a ghost tour! Tobias recommends additional activities for each walk and offers suggestions for where to stop nearby, including local restaurants, to enhance the regional and cultural experience. This handy guide includes comprehensive locator maps, listings of trip essentials, and useful warnings about possible dangers such as poisonwood sap. These manageable walks will appeal to tourists in search of the real Florida, as well as to residents who want to become better acquainted with their state but still be done in time for lunch. Though shoes may be required, backpacks are not.
- Dewey Decimal: 796.5209759
- Physical Description: 5.5"x8.3"x1.1"; 0.9 lb; 352 pages
- Edition Info: Paperback; 2008-02-17
- Outdoors & Nature -- Hiking & Camping -- Walking
- Travel -- Reference & Tips -- Guidebooks
- Travel -- North America
- Travel -- United States -- Regions -- South -- General
- Travel -- United States -- Regions -- South -- South Atlantic
- Travel -- United States -- States -- Florida -- General
- Travel -- General
- Travel -- General AAS
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books