The world-renowned bestselling author of Portent creates a contorted labyrinth ofterrifyingly human vampires, post-Nazism, and betrayal.Blood sucking, plague-ridden fascists roam the dark, seething ruins of London. Their prey is the select few who have not fallen victim to the blood-tainting biological warfare dispensed in the final convulsive collapse of the Nazis. A lone hero and his companion dog skirt the corpses, smashed cars, and bitter memories while trying to stay one step ahead of their bloodless fate and complete their mission of obsession. When others who are also relentlessly pursued stumble onto the duo's path, their haunting odyssey takes them underground. Beneath the bowels of a broken city an explosive disaster and a deadly betrayal propel the powers of good into a cataclysmic clash with the forces of evil."Herbert has a brilliant descriptive sensibility and uses it to create unforgettable disaster scenes." Publishers Weekly
- Physical Description: 4.2"x1.2"x6.8"; 435 pages; 0.5 lb
- Edition Info: Paperback; 1998-07-01
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books