3-D Cell-Based Biosensors in Drug Discovery Programs
This book is based upon cutting-edge research conducted in the author's lab (Cellular Bioengineering), which over the past decade has developed a number of sophisticated techniques to facilitate use of 3D cell based assays or biosensors. This book uses data from peer-reviewed publications to conclusively justify use of 3D cell cultures in cell-based biosensors (assays) for (HTS). The majority of assays performed in accelerated drug discovery processes are biochemical in nature, but there is a growing demand for live cell-based assays. Unlike biochemical ones, cellular assays are functional approximations of in vivo biological conditions and can provide more biologically relevant information.
- Dewey Decimal: 660
- Physical Description: 350 pages
- Edition Info: Hardcover; 2009-10-15
- Medicine -- Pharmacology -- General
- Medicine -- Special Topics -- Biotechnology
- Professional & Technical -- Engineering -- Bioengineering -- Biotechnology
- Professional & Technical -- Medical -- Basic Sciences -- Biotechnology
- Professional & Technical -- Medical -- Pharmacology -- General
- Professional & Technical -- Professional Science -- Biological Sciences -- Biotechnology
- Science -- Biological Sciences -- Biotechnology
- Science -- General
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books