11/22/63 (Thorndike Press Large Print Core Series)
AN INCREDIBLE UNABRIDGED AUDIO VALUE...OVER 30 HOURS ON ONLY THREE IPOD-READY MP3 CDS!On November 22, 1963, three shots rang out in Dallas, President Kennedy died, and the world changed. What if you could change it back? Stephen Kings heart-stoppingly dramatic new novel is about a man who travels back in time to prevent the JFK assassination.Following his massively successful novel Under the Dome, King sweeps listeners back in time to another momenta real life momentwhen everything went wrong: the JFK assassination. And he introduces listeners to a character who has the power to change the course of history. Jake Epping is a thirty-five-year-old high school English teacher in Lisbon Falls, Maine, who makes extra money teaching adults in the GED program. He receives an essay from one of the studentsa gruesome, harrowing first person story about the night fifty years ago when his father came home and killed his mother, his sister, and his brother with a hammer. Harry escaped with a smashed leg, as evidenced by his crooked walk.Not much later, Jakes friend Al, who runs the local diner, divulges a secret: his storeroom is a portal to 1958. He enlists Jake on an insaneand insanely impossiblemission to try to prevent the Kennedy assassination. So begins Jakes new life as George Amberson and his new world of Elvis and JFK, of big American cars and sock hops, of a troubled loner named Lee Harvey Oswald and a beautiful high school librarian named Sadie Dunhill, who becomes the love of Jacks lifea life that transgresses all the normal rules of time. A tribute to a simpler era and a devastating exercise in escalating suspense, 11/22/63 is Stephen King at his epic best.
- Dewey Decimal: 813.54
- Physical Description: 6.4"x9.4"x2.0"; 2.8 lb; 1115 pages
- Edition Info: Hardcover; 2011-11-08
- Literature & Fiction -- Genre Fiction -- Historical
- Mystery, Thriller & Suspense -- Thrillers -- Suspense
- Science Fiction & Fantasy -- Science Fiction -- Alternate History
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books