Talk about a grand slam. With nearly 100,000 copies in print, the previous books in David and Ron Greens 101 Reasons to Love series have hit the ball right out of the park. Now Ron and Dave extend the home-run streak, bringing their offbeat humor, insiders grasp of baseball fact and legend, and good-natured rivalryas brothers and as fansto new books about two of the National Leagues all-time greatest teams. Pairing the Los Angeles Dodgers and the San Francisco Giants is a natural. After all, both clubs were born in New York City, and both moved to the West Coast in 1958. Both teams have lost the World Series exactly 12 times. And concessionaires at both teams ballparks have made important contributions to that staple of baseball cuisinethe hot dog. The glorious wins and the ignominious losses. The breathtaking hits, astounding catches, inexcusable errors. Whether youre cheering the Dodgers or jeering the Giantsor vice versayou gotta love em. And, together, these books give you 202 reasons for doing so.
- Dewey Decimal: 796.357640979494
- Physical Description: 7.1"x7.2"x0.9"; 0.5 lb; 120 pages
- Edition Info: Hardcover; 2007-03-01
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books