Welcome to Oregon's favorite hiking area, the mountains between the Willamette Valley and Bend. Few regions pack such a variety of trails into an area crossable by a two-hour drive. This guide covers more than just the well-known Three Sisters, Mt. Jefferson, and Diamond Peak Wilderness Areas. You'll discover paths to a natural rock arch near Detroit, a cluster of lava caves near Bend, a dry waterfall on the McKenzie River, and a gold-mining ghost town near Cottage Grove. Twenty-three of the trips are open even in winter. This guidebook features several difficulty levels. Hikers with children will find 50 hikes carefully chosen for them. On the other hand, a quarter of the hikes included are unabashedly difficult, and 56 of the trails are rated as suitable for backpackers as well as day hikers. Special symbols identify trails recommended for mountain bikers and equestrians. At the back of the book you'll find a list of 20 all-accessible trails suitable for strollers and wheelchairs. And if you really want to get away from it all, there's even an appendix describing 100 MORE hikes in the Central Oregon Cascades -- little known but interesting paths for adventurous spirits.
- Physical Description: 5.5"x8.5"x0.6"; 0.7 lb
- Edition Info: Paperback; 1998-03-01
- Amazon.com -- Outdoors & Nature -- Hiking & Camping -- Excursion Guides -- General
- Amazon.com -- Outdoors & Nature -- Hiking & Camping -- Excursion Guides -- United States -- Oregon
- Amazon.com -- Outdoors & Nature -- Hiking & Camping -- Instructional
- Amazon.com -- Travel -- United States -- Regions -- West -- Pacific
- Amazon.com -- Travel -- United States -- States -- Oregon -- General
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books